There was a time not long ago when wired devices were your only solution when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of placing a video camera on a countertop or governing your components with a mobile device. But, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless installations. You currently have a range of extra perks at your disposal -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installs. Wireless home security systems in Flint will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
Things To Think About When Switching To Wireless
Above all else, wireless home security systems need a reliable Wi-Fi and internet connection to function properly. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you have concerns about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for systems that have cellular and battery backups available to sustain the link to your monitoring professionals at all times.
In the event you reside in an area without stable access to internet or cellular services, a wired configuration will likely be better. Or It may also benefit you from a financial standpoint to choose a wired installation if you live in a home that has security wiring already connected.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Flint will boost your property’s protection, which is the primary purpose to begin with. However, if you like the chance of having the latest technology, check out the following benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the devices in your house from your locking systems to your thermostat directly from your mobile device using the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see camera footage, turn on your smart lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you neglected to do so. When an intrusion or emergency takes place, you are able to have alerts delivered directly to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the countless wires, drywall damage, and time-consuming installations. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you are able to install them just about wherever you want and in less time. If you would like to update sometime in the future with the latest equipment, integrating components into your network is easy.
- Communications between devices: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions a possibility with speedy, two-way communications. You may direct your system to act in specified circumstances to increase your security and dissuade home invasions. For example, if your outside video camera discerns unusual movement along your home’s perimeter, it may direct your entryway lights to illuminate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Flint
Even though wireless home security systems in Flint have proven to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about installing one. Here are a handful of the most prevalent concerns:
- Battery-run wireless components might run out of power. Although this could happen, your smart devices will alert you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors typically have to be placed within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders for some packages to increase your flexibility.
- Comparable to any computer network, the fear of getting hacked exists. The good news is that you can do things to prevent this by creating strong passwords, always updating default settings, and using a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only employ security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Experts
Have you decided to take advantage of the latest in Flint wireless home security? Call (810) 207-5457 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the perfect package for your home.