Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Flint
You realize you need to protect your home. After all, it offers shelter for your family and is where you have all of your possessions. But what is the right form of home defense? Determining if you should get 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading considerations you will make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Flint and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a third-party monitoring organization that is set to provide help at any moment. If a window sensor triggers or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring professionals are issued an instant notification. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with a backup team. You can think of this alternative as self-monitored, which means that if your system is tripped, you need to act to resolve it. This possibility is the less expensive solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Flint
Here’s a short look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, not awake, or without your cell phone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll respond faster to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Better equipment and smooth integration: By getting tools, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security provider, you will get access to a fully connected system with components that may be better than what you will find independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get your system installed professionally: Countless residents would rather have work done by skilled professionals, but some might object.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This is likely to be acceptable for most as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Flint
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: DIYers might think of this as an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an extra expense. Other people may want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You can integrate equipment when you want - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you might find assembling into a fully connected system more challenging.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get help.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’re away from your cell phone and don’t receive a security notification? This situation will generate more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No assistance setting up the system: If you want assistance during an installation, you may have to pay for someone else. The installation is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Flint
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Flint from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the right option for you. Dial (810) 207-5457 today to get started.